Pages

Recipe - Chicken and Parma Ham Pasta

08 April, 2017

Following on from the success of my chicken and chorizo pasta recipe, I tried another new recipe that my Mum sent me! This time it's chicken and Parma ham pasta sauce, deliciously creamy and fantastic with tagliatelle, I instantly wanted to cook up a second batch!

The only problem with it is that, unlike the chorizo recipe, this won't really freeze well, so isn't suitable for batch cooking. However it is quite quick to put together on a weekday evening.

Ingredients

  • Chicken breast - One per person, cut in to smallish pieces.
  • Small pack of parma ham, it's quite salty so you won't need it all! I normally use the rest to make chicken breasts wrapped in parma ham the next day.
  • Small pot double cream.
  • Tarragon (dried or fresh is fine)
  • A quarter of a lemon
  • 1/4 to 1/2 a pint of chicken stock (1/4 is suitable for 2 people, 1/2 would be better if you're cooking for a larger group)
  • Butter and olive oil

Cook cook cook

  1. Melt some butter in a frying pan, and cook the chicken in it.
  2. Remove from the chicken from the pan and set to one side.
  3. Add a drop of olive oil to the pan, and tear the Parma ham into strips straight in to the pan (or cut it in to pieces while the chicken is cooking). Stir around until lightly crispy.
  4. Add the chicken to the pan with the Parma ham, and pour in the chicken stock and a few generous pinches of tarragon (depending on your taste)
  5. Simmer for 10 minutes. (I normally start cooking the pasta at this point)
  6. Pour in some double cream and a squeeze of lemon juice, and stir until it's all mixed in with the stock. The sauce should be a lovely dark cream colour.
  7. Taste it and add more cream or stock if you need it or need a bit more sauce, or some extra tarragon if you're not getting the flavour.
  8. Serve with linguine or spaghetti, pastas which go well with nice creamy sauces.
The first time I cooked this it took me a little longer than expected. I think that second time round I'd be able to get it done in less than 30 minutes, great for a quick mid-week dinner!

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS